Always adhere to the FIFO principle. Check the “use-by” and shelf life dates on food goods carefully. Before putting anything in the fridge, make a note of the current date using a pen and paper or by applying a date sticker to it. Each shelf should be stocked with the most current items in the back. Older items may be moved up in the queue. Priority should be given to items that have been opened and in excellent condition. By following the first-in, first-out (FIFO) rule, it is possible to ensure proper product rotation, resulting in an inventory that is as fresh and risk-free as is reasonably possible.
Make a label for each shelf
Labeling the shelves of the refrigerator is an excellent idea to ensure that the staff can identify each item. When it comes to organising and storing new things, this might be a big help. Consider utilising shelf-labeling attachments to make this job easier. You can buy fridge organizer Malaysia now of the best quality.
Your employees will be able to find what they need more easily, the food will be safe, and your equipment will last longer if you keep everything organized. Improved food quality for customers and equipment longevity are also benefits of better organization.
- High-quality food tends to be more costly, which is one of the reasons why organization is so critical. Everything you acquire is protected by your storage strategy, so it may be put to good use and won’t be wasted.
- A health code violation may be avoided by complying to the organization’s guidelines. Your firm might be penalized or perhaps forced to shut if the food was not properly stored.
Food quality improves when more space is utilized efficiently.
Your commercial kitchen is a crucial part of operating an effective company. Faster service is possible if your staff does not have to waste time hunting for a specific item in a disorganized refrigerator.
- If the food in your refrigerator and freezer does not reach the necessary temperature due to disorganisation, you will need to call for repairs more often.
- Cleaning the shelves becomes less of a chore when they are organised properly. The food will be placed in a designated area, and other objects will not just be crammed in wherever they can fit.
- The cleaning procedure becomes easier when the shelves are organised in a logical manner.
- It is considerably easier to place orders and restock supplies if everything has its own dedicated area. Your time will be saved since you won’t have to look for more examples elsewhere.
Refrigeration and freezer shelving for commercial establishments
It’s important to pay attention not just to the parts that keep the cabinet cool, but also to how the food within the cabinet is kept cool. For a good reason, commercial refrigerators and freezers are collectively referred to as “cold storage.” Customers of commercial refrigeration often look to the cabinet’s cubic feet of storage capacity before making a purchasing choice. However, if the space is not organised properly, a large amount of that capacity may be wasted. We’ll now go through the different shelf and storage options available for commercial refrigerators and freezers so that you can put together the most efficient cold storage system for your business kitchen.
Shelving and Other Storage Options for Shelved
A few wire shelves are usually included in most refrigerators and freezers. However, those wire shelves may not be the best option for your kitchen. To put it another way, the kind of food kept in the refrigerator and how it is utilized are important considerations when making this purchase. The following are the most common shelf alternatives and their ideal uses, as provided by the majority of manufacturers.