It has a reputation for being one of the most pricey future financial security. Raising a child from birth to graduation can cost millions of dollars in the hopes of setting them up for future success in whatever they choose to be. Can parents help to alleviate this financial burden? While it is undeniable that bringing up children will cost a significant sum over time, there are mutual funds that can assist by providing protection and some form of savings over time. There are, however, several insurance plans available for your children. Here are some insurance plans you can consider for your children’s future. You can buy insurance policy for children Malaysia here.
- Pregnancy insurance
- This medical coverage plan is unique in that it protects both the mother and the child. Prenatal or pregnancy insurance, as the name implies, protects both mother and child during pregnancy and up to the age of three. This insurance plan can be purchased from 12 months before pregnancy until 35 weeks into the pregnancy.
- Pregnancy insurance, also known as maternity insurance, covers a broad range of pregnancy-related complications that standard life and medical insurance policies do not cover. This policy covers congenital illnesses such as Down’s Syndrome, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, and hospitalisation in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or high-dependency ward for the child.
- Education insurance
- Here’s a less prevalent insurance plan that can help children in the long run. Even though the name implies some form of education protection, it is actually a useful savings and protection plan for your child that provides a lump-sum benefit or payout upon maturity (at the end of the policy). As a result, it is frequently referred to as a plan that covers the cost of your child’s education.
- Parents can purchase an education insurance policy for their child as young as 14 days old and as old as 14 years old. Education insurance typically lasts between 18 and 23 years, or until the child graduates.
- Health insurance
- Finally, there’s the most important one: health protection for your child. Health insurance would pay for hospitalisation and medical expenses, as well as critical illness or total permanent disability (TPD). You can subscribe to various types of health insurance policies, which can make this a puzzling and daunting task. But, given that protecting your child is a long-term commitment, here’s what we’d suggest.
- Medical coverage as part of a rider allows you to obtain critical illness (CI) coverage, payer waivers (no longer required to pay premiums if the payer dies/suffers from TPD/CI), and better medical coverage plans (higher annual/lifetime limits). A life insurance policy also includes a savings or investment component, which is a plus.
Having a child is a financial strain, but it is a luxury that many parents enjoy. These insurance policies ensure that, while expensive, the financial strains associated with having children are reduced, allowing you to focus on providing the best possible care for them.